Set Up Tips
Sticky notes are close a best friend at my desk. They hold every thought I have while processing a story, I can move them around while I organize the flow.
Make sure it’s in a well lit room, lots of space to write and of course hold the never ending drink of water, coffee, tea..or?
A comfortable chair if you are at a desk and assuring it’s the write height to sit with good posture while write is essential. Don’t forget the leg room and comfort for your feet. I keep a foot stool under mine to raise my knees when I feel cramped and want to push through to the end of a story or chapter.
Take breaks! It’s cool that you want to get the story or chapter finished, but for the love of … we need breaks. Stand up, stretch, go outside, do your other tasks.
Set a time to write daily. It’s a discipline. Set yourself to write a 1,000 words a day and within a few months your story will be finished.
More thoughts on this process coming soon. I’m not a pro, but I’ll be sharing this from the “reality” side of things. I don’t believe in filling heads with fluff.
Growing with Love,
Journaling has always been like a conversation with myself, and my writing genuinely reflects whether I am detached, attuned, or how I feel about myself in the moment.
It is a healthy way of expressing ourselves, especially when we are struggling with inner work and vulnerability.
Here are my personal tips shared with you to help improve your journaling experience if you are a beginner (or enhance your experience if you are a pro!).
25 Journaling Prompts
- What is Self Care to you?
- How do you care for yourself?
- Describe “safe space”.
- Write about your safe space.
- What do you do to push painful experiences away?
- What challenges are you facing? Write about them and what you can do to alleviate them.
- Do you feel safe overall? Why/Why not?
- Close your eyes and try to describe in your mind what you hear, feel, smell. Write about that.
- If present me could talk to me 10 , 20 years ago, I would say…
- What is positive about triggers?
- How do you ground yourself?
- I am most proud of….
- I feel shame about…
- What are your wants? What are your needs?
- Are you afraid of rejection?
- Do you see yourself as a mirror to others?
- Do you know your purpose?
- Three ways I can increase my self-love are…
- What is your legacy?
- How do you abandon yourself?
- How do you connect to your emotions?
- What do you expect from others that you can provide for yourself?
- Write about using creative expression for emotional release.
- What can you control? What are you unable to change? What does that feel like?
- What myths were you told as a kid about sex?
- What’s something you learned through friends you wish your parent told you?
- How do you hear yourself? Harsh? Soft? Neutral? What do you feel you sound like. Why?
- Were you told as a kid “you should be ashamed” ? What are your thoughts on shame?
- Describe “authenticity”. What does it mean to you?
- Have you visited your shadow self? Were you shocked or pleased?
- What irritates you about other people?
- Write about what you deny yourself.
- What sets your soul on fire?
- If you couldn’t fail, what would you do?
- Describe the person you WISH or WANT to be. What keeps you from being that person?
Copyright ©2020 Sher Unbound. All Rights Reserved.
Designed by inFocus Web Solutions